Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Golden Boy is a pain in my ass LOL
I have gotten Trigun's Method down, but its still too slow, A little more optimization and it should be ready for releases. I have given that project a quick pause and went back over to Golden Boy as that was the anime originally requested and also the fact that its shorter. But like last time it is giving me a lot of problems lol, mostly due to it being so old and the method used when it was placed on DVD. Getting the progressive frames from DVDs is something I can do easily now, even made 2 programs to automate that for me, but with Golden Boy the progressive frames themselves are also interleaved so I can't just automate the process. Please don't be mad as I have decided to give up on trying to extract the progressive frames and work with the interlaced/telecine frames. This will give an after/before image in some of the frames. You shouldn't notice it unless you actually paused the video and seek through the video frame by frame. The only side affect that will be noticeable is in fast moving scenes a blur effect is slightly there but this is also in the original DVD (its nothing I did). I will be uploading a sample clip to show what I have for Golden Boy so far. The sample clip will be using the method that I might actually consider using as a final method for the series. So check back soon for a sample clip download of the first episode.